Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Gone to Da Dogs


This isn't my woofie but I've got one just like her and she often looks like this, especially after a week of vacation. And you know what else? IT'S CONTAGIOUS!!!

Well DRAT. This crash has set me back a bit. I was on such a great schedule and was fired up to get to all of my workouts and then the crash, then a week of soreness/recuperation (1 swim, 1 run), then three days of ice hockey camp (after which I needed a handicap railing to get onto the potty), followed by a week off at the beach (I had such grand plans to run and do some open water swims but Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince kept me firmly planted in my beach chair). I'm by no means complaining...it was a fantastic week (except I'm still reeling from the conclusion of HP & the HBP, heavy sigh) and the R & R was GREAT...but now my whole training schedule has gone to the dogs and it's a struggle right now to get back into it.

Got my bike back before vacation (Flatman, I'll get photos soon, I promise...) but didn't get a chance to ride before hockey camp...then my bike didn't fit in the car (and she doesn't ride on the roof in case your wondering!) so I didn't take her to RI with me (and I doubt I would've ridden her anyway...you know, Harry Potter and all) So we got back on Thursday and I finally got out on the road on Saturday only to find that sweet Amelia the Cervelo had not been reassembled to my fit specifications. Handlebars were rotated too far forward, couldn't reach the brakes, once I straightened that out, the aerobars were pointing straight up to the sky....you know how it goes. I rode for 2 hours making about 6 stops to tweak things and it still feels wrong. I read the riot act to my bike gurus (well, not really, i'm not really a riot act kind of girl) who were horrified at what a bad job they'd done and they promised to fix the issues as soon as I can get over there...

But that's not going to happen right away because this Friday at 4 pm my Hunny and I will become proud first time HOMEOWNERS!! Yes, we found a house and will close this week. Which is phenomenal...it's right on the Great Fairlee Triathon bike course (yes my priorities are a bit screwy) but it also has all the other things about a house that we wanted so we're fired up. So, on with the move....we expect to be completely reinstalled by August 14th (just moving a few towns north...back to VERMONT and away from NEW HAMPSHIRE...there's a big difference, ask anyone...and it's not just a red state/blue state thing...) Long story short: training is taking a back seat at the moment. Drat...

So I dragged myself out of bed at 5:30 this morning and led my lane at the pool...it felt sluggish but by the end I'd found the groove again. I'm planning on a 4-6 mile run tomorrow...Weasel Boy is leaving town to get MARRIED...what a lame excuse for ditching your training partner...(heh, just kidding Weasel Boy)...so I'm going to have to drag myself out on my wobbly, unbalanced Amelia and put in some miles by myself. Perhaps Maintenace Girl will grace me with her biking presence on her new Felt 70. OH, I almost forgot...on Flatman's advice, my brother got me a Cateye Astrale 8 bike computer with a cadence function so I'm all set to install that...maybe that will get me more excited to get out there! Let's hope.

OK, gotta get back to it...if I don't post every day, it's because I've been packing and I'm either trapped under something heavy or on the couch with the big furry woofie.

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Glad you're back...and don't worry about the lack of training on your vacation. You aren't supposed to train on your vacation. That's why it is called V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!

You'll get back into the groove...I promise. And if not, we can always send someone over to rough you up!

4:11 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Chris said...

It's always so hard to get back into the swing of things after a nice relaxing vacation. Sounds like it was a good one, though!

Welcome back! :)

8:18 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home