Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Random Reader Poll


OK, several things have been rolling around in my noggin for a bit and I wondered what folks had to say about them. Feel free to elaborate on any, all, or none of these random questions...

1.) My running shoes, especially the right one, seem to be shrinking. OK, OK, my feet are swelling and my right foot is bigger than my left. I can't tell if it's from the heat/humidity or the fact that when I don't have on running shoes or biking shoes, I'm barefoot or in flipflops. It's time to get new ones anyway as I begin my next round of half marathon training...I've gone two years now with Asic's Gel Kayanos - last year with the IX, this year with the XI (somehow I missed the X) - W's size 9.5 (and I usually wear an 8.5 or 9 women's sneaker so I don't think they're too small). I have a normal to wide foot and a basically neutral foot strike with normal arches...running between 6 and 14 miles/week...

What is YOUR running shoe of choice and what's so great about it??

2.) On Tuesdays and Thursday's I swim at 6:30am so I eat breakfast when I get to work, usually something I bring with me. I'm kinda burnt out on the yogurt/fruit/granola deal but it's fast and convenient. What's your favorite breakfast on the go that takes less than 7 minutes to assemble (I usually put it together with my lunch the night before...) Any egg ideas?...I can reheat stuff in the microwave but day old microwaved scramblers just don't do it for me...

3.) Do you keep a training log? Is it electronic or paper? If it's electronic, what application are you using? What are the top 5 things that you find are most helpful to keep track of?

4.) How much money do you spend/season on race entry fees? How about health club fees? Masters swimming fees? Anyone doing any fundraising for your own personal use (on top of fundraising for a cause)? If yes, what are you doing? Do you think it's ethical to fundraise for yourself?

5.) I read once that if you don't finish the race, you don't get to wear the T-shirt. What do you think?

6.) Why is the time always wrong on my blogger screen when I'm about to post?


7.) And last, do you watch Six Feet Under on HBO? If you don't, you SHOULD (OK, shameless plug...it's just SO GOOD). Can you BELIEVE what happened on Sunday night???? ARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!! I guess I can't say I'm too surprised...I just thought they'd drag it out longer...what a huge buzz-kill.

OK, back to work... let me know what you think... ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

1. Mizuno Wave Rider VIII. Cushioning shoe with a minimalist kind of feel. I wear it because... well, they fit well. :)

2. Not much help from me here. I usually have some kind of fruit (apples, pears, bananas) with some kind of protein (cottage cheese or beef jerky :) ). I also have a canister of oatmeal here with paper bowls to make here at work.

3. I keep an electronic log. It's a spreadsheet that I found online someplace. I haven't been good about inputting my stuff this year though. I also use the transfer features on my Polar.

4. No idea how much I spend, but it's a lot.

5. Personally, that is what I do. If others want to wear the shirt without doing the race though, that's up to them.

6. No idea. :)

7. No on the Six Feet Under too. HBO requires me using a different tuner for my TV which is entirely too much work. :)

9:03 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

1. Alternating between my new Nike Air Diffuses and some Asics Gel something-or-others.

2. I eat the same thing every morning...protein shake with ice, 1 banana, 5 strawberries and 8 ounces of skim milk.

3. Yes...I use Activebody.org for my all around training log. I also use Sportsim.com for my running journal (for use with my Forerunner 201).

4. Race fees - not much, since most of the time I am just training. Next year this will be different. Health club fees - don't belong to one. Masters swim fees - don't belong to one, but probably should soon. Am looking into it as we speak. No fundraising at the moment, but always looking for a sponsor!

5. I am with Chris on this one, but I don't care if someone else does...

6. I have no clue..!

7. I don't have HBO, and I don't watch much TV lately. No time! My wife and I used to be TV junkies and I am forever trying to lose my TV poundage!

9:59 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Hollyfish said...

Thanks guys! Chris, I seem to have deleted your email...drop me a note when you get a chance so that I have it...

10:21 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home