Monday, November 28, 2005

Home Safely

Made it back without too much fanfare. We were able to make all of our connections and I walked in the door to a wagging woofie at about 8:30 pm on Saturday, glad to be home.

It was a really nice Thanksgiving. Everyone was cheerful and happy and there were no squabbles or hard-to-hear jokes. I only caught one or two liberal bashing comments and no mean jokes at all. We've come a long way. It was nice to have a bouncing 6 or 9 month old to chill with...both are so so sweet with wonderful dispositions...the 6 month old weighs about 10 more lbs. than the 9 month old so we called her "Bubba." She was all smiles the whole time...my dad kept saying, "That kid knows something that the rest of us don't." Too funny. It was a nice time...

So now I've got to get back to it. I ran for about 30 minutes on Friday but have not been in the pool since Tuesday. The swim meet is coming right up this weekend...I'm looking forward to everything but the 100 IM. Not sure what I was thinking on that one as I can just barely do butterfly. Oh well, my time wasn't the slowest on the psyche sheet so that's something.

Finally finished my blank 2006 Training log this weekend and will send it of to my friend at my old office to be printed. It'll feel good to get some stuff on paper so I have a plan to follow. Thinking about biting the bullet and signing up for a 25K Ski Marathon...I think it makes a big difference to me to have a race scheduled rather than just saying I'm going to sign up. Stay tuned on that one...it's a bit more of a stretch for me as I've never undertaken a winter race of this type...

Not at all sure what it means that I didn't get any comments on my travel posts...hopefully it's all good but whatever... it kept me busy and entertained and I learned how to use wi-fi...and now the newest toy on my xmas list is a G4 laptop... someday...

later....

3 Comments:

Blogger Bolder said...

good that you're back home, and back to your beloved pool.

dude, that's weird... you never showed up in bloglines with new posts?

wonder if it was anyone else but me... i had time on my hands over the holidays, woulda read and commented -- it's all good!

5:46 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

Me too. I didn't get any blogline updates either!

Glad you are back and safe and had a good time...

Good luck this weekend at the swim meet!!!!!!!

5:51 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Welcome back, Spence. Glad to hear you had a good T-giving. Looking forward to hearing about your swim meet this weekend! Good luck, and MAKE THEM EAT WAKE!!!!

8:15 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home