Wednesday, November 16, 2005

THIS is what i'm TALKING about


Check out how much water she's "holding." This is Karlyn Pipes-Neilson, holder of 49 (!!!!) Masters Swimming World records. I'm constantly trying to gather mental images of swimmers doing things right...and this is exactly what I want my catch to look like. I have a hard time with having enough strength to keep my elbow high on the pull thru. Hopefully coach will set up her underwater camera again and we can see how we're doing.

Didn't get much discussion yesterday on the physics of swimming. I guess folks are busy - which I should be too as I'm totally swamped at work. I think I'm in denial about it though. Take a look and leave a comment if you get a free minute!!

Oh, and send warm vibes to our MN friends...Trimama has posted a totally grim weather report.

2 Comments:

Blogger William said...

She looks, the way I try to swim.

12:58 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

not to mention how much water she is holding, look at that head position, see where the water hits the top of her head.. i was working on this in the pool today... when you do it right, you can feel the water rushing over you... when my head pops up, and hits me in the forehead, i feel like the bow of a ship parting the seas... keep these pics comin!

3:52 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home