Thursday, November 24, 2005

Travels with Spence II, Logan Airport, 11:00am

Well, we made it to the airport and I'm pleased to announce that I made it through security without a hitch. Actually, I forgot to take my silver bracelet off and the thing beeped until I remembered. Problem averted...

Almost lost my breakfast on the bus - the snow was pretty heavy for awhile and there were cars off the road everywhere - mostly SUVs - but we finally crossed the snow/rain line at about the MA/NH border and I'm relieved we'll be taking off in the rain rather than the snow. The sky actually looks kind of light, like it's thinking about clearing off. We were only about 20 minutes late getting here so that's a good thing...now I have two whole hours to kill before my flight.

I'm at the gate waiting for my darling brother. Located a wi-fi hot spot but unfortunately it costs $7.95 for 24 hours. WTF!!?? At first it sounded like a deal - that's only, what, $0.30/hour? But then I realized I'm only going to be here for two hours and that sends it to $4.00/hour!!! Sheesh. We'll see how desperate I get (OK, the fact that this post is up tells you I have no willpower - so $7.95 poorer, here we are. Incidentally, the courtesy phone across the way from me only costs $29 for an emergency call!) Maybe my brother can call his friend who is a Tufts University alumni and see if he knows the Tufts wireless password.

So the airport is a little bit of a mob-scene. I haven't traveled by plane on Thanksgiving in about 20 years. I think there's a good reason for that. oy. So what's everyone else doing right now? I'm looking forward to hearing all about everyone's Turkey Trot races...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home