Monday, December 19, 2005

Tagged!!


Mr. Double Entendre has tagged me to divulge 5 random things about me. Since 5 is better than 50 or 100 (kudos to those of you who were tagged with this task and rose to the occasion), I'm feeling thankful that I only have to come up with 5!! Here goes:

1.) In college, I studied rocks. I was a geology major...mostly hard rocks - igneous and metamorphic - not much patience for sedimentary "soft" rocks or paleontology...unless it was created from magma or lava, I found it kind of dull. Today I am a graphic designer for a ski distribution company. In between I taught preschool. How you connect the dots from rocks to preschoolers to design I have no idea...but that's how it ended up. And I LOVE my job... go figure...

2.) I fell in love with Julie Andrews/Maria Von Trapp when I was about 8 but didn't come out to myself until I was 22. And I can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards...but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?

3.) I am a knitter. I have one sweater in my closet that I have not knit but I've made all the rest. And I can't knit in the spring or summer but when September rolls around, my fingers literally itch to get yarn and needle clicking away...

4.) When I was around 13 my brother and I built a fort in the late fall and tied it all together with vines. The vines had no leaves on them but if they had, we would've realized they were poison ivy vines BEFORE we were sent home from school with poison ivy all over our hands and faces.

5.) The secret to the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich is to be sure to spread both PB and Jelly all the way to the edge of the bread/crust. I have perfected this technique over my short 33 years...

There you have it. There's no way I could've come up with 50 things...

Ran 5 miles yesterday and it felt great. Looking forward to the Wednesday morning jaunt in the cold and dark. I asked for a reflective vest and a LED headlamp from Santa so the mornings won't be quite so dark. And starting THIS THURSDAY the days will begin to get longer. I've almost made it...Halleluia!!! AND the best present ever is that the plumber came this weekend and changed out our 100 year old arterio sclerosis pipes for the new fangled PVC pipes and I no longer have to stand in tepid water while taking a shower. The drain is FIXED!!! Life is all good...

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

I keep trying to explain to my wife why my son likes my PB&J's better than hers...

She doesn't get it.

3:45 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger E-Dub said...

Pb&j's... my wife and I had this conversation before we got married. It was one of those things that we thought we needed to know about each other before we got married. Not only does it need to be spread to the edges, but it also needs to be in the proper, harmonious, proportions. And you can't use the ends of the bread... unless boths sides of the sandwich is used with ends... and, this, only when you are desperate for a pb&j sammich... yes, I said, 'sammich'.

~ef

8:19 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home