Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Feelin' It


I'm a little tired today. Not really tired like crawl-up-in-a-snowbank-because-it-looks-cozy tired but a bit fatigued. I woke up before my alarm went off at 5:00 am so that's always a good sign...definitely getting enough sleep...but I can tell that my body is adjusting to the small volume increases. It's all good - I love when I'm more aware of how my body is feeling.

It finally snowed like crazy on Saturday so I bagged my 6 mile run and took a rest day. On Sunday, I skied on the nearby golf course for about an hour and a half and I'm a little sore...totally different muscles. I listened to the 6th episode of Get Your Geek On and I must weigh in on the peeing in the pool thing: DON'T DO IT. It's just wrong... indoor, outdoor, whatever...if it's a fixed body of water with no inlet and no outlet...DON'T DO IT. The lake or the ocean I can handle...but not the pool. Please, not in the pool. 'Nuff said.

There are donuts here at work again today. Weasel Boy has encouraged me to abstain and so far so good...I'm hoping they disappear soon though because my resolve is growning weak. What do YOU tell yourself when you're tempted by some evil food? I need some good ammo to fight it because it appears it's going to continue happening... Maybe I should go watch "Supersize Me!" again. Yeah, that will help...

We did a 200 Freestyle Relay at the end of swim practice today. I was the anchor for my lane and so swam last...our second leg swimmer has only just started swimming so we were pretty far behind by the time it was my turn but I almost caught the swimmer next to me by the end... There's only so much yardage you can make up... It's always great fun though... I love relays.

And it's official...Weasel Boy is making the trek across the big pond from IRELAND for three days of swimming at the Harvard Meet. YEEEEEEHAAAWWWW!!! Can't wait to see him... It's always good to have a weasel influence at competitions. We need an 8th swimmer on Sunday (March 26th) to make up two relay teams so if you live in the Boston area and have a USMS membership, let me know...we could use your skills!!!

Cold cold run on tap for tomorrow morning. It was -9˚F this morning when I left home. We're supposed to have a heatwave surging into the high teens today but tomorrow's temps aren't going to be much higher. Oy. Ready for spring...

Train hard!!

2 Comments:

Blogger jameson said...

i had an awesome swim this morning too... in the pouring rain. you triathletes in the northeast dealing with the gnarly cold weather are defintely inspiring and make it impossible for me to talk myself out of 6am swim due to a little wind and rain. keep it up!

12:30 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

you're in boston?

we will totally have to meet up in April. I am going to get on Jeff and a few other bloggers so we can try to arrange a huge group get together.

good job in the realy. I kind of like being behind when anchoring. gives you something to drive for.

9:24 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home