Thursday, February 02, 2006

Let's get it started...

OK, been at work now for almost two hours and have done nothing but read blogs and check email. I'm bad. I'm exhausted. Travelling across the country is an endurance sport. Got home at 12am this morning and collapsed into a cozy bed that smelled of fresh laundry and lacked that disgusting stale tobacco smell. Bliss... And the big woofie snuggled in between us made it all the more sweet. I'm home...

Now it's time to light the fuse...

I feel like crap because no matter what you do, it's so so hard to eat well when you're on the road. I really wanted to swim this moring but waking up at 5:30 felt like waking up at 3:30 and I just couldn't make the bus - when I finally did wake up I was confused about where I was and why Vermont Public Radio was drifting thru my dream about not being able to get where I wanted to go in Vegas because it was too damn far away.

But now it's time.

Being away from home makes you realize how much you love home. Being unable to pull off a workout schedule because work has you going 24-7 makes you realize how much you really love sticking to a workout schedule. I can't WAIT to get back to the routine. A few days to catch up on GOOD sleep and a good plan for this weekend and next week's schedule and I'll be back in the game.

Going to hit the pool tomorrow for sure and hopefully for a bit on Saturday. Sunday is the mini Masters swim meet at Phillips Exeter Academy...It's only from 8-12 - a quick morning meet - but should be fun and will get me psyched for the upcoming SCY Championship meet at Harvard at the end of March. Yes, it will be great. And maybe Weasel Boy will even make it!! How fun would that be?? Very cool.

OK, so yeah... there will be no more missing the bus...

4 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Home sweet home! Hope your jet lag subsides soon and the pool goes well! :)

10:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

you're back on the bus!

10:08 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Chris said...

Traveling indeed throws a wrench into your schedule. I'm sure you'll be back into your routine in no time! Welcome back. :)

11:18 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Cliff said...

I hope the swim meet went well.

12:42 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home