Wednesday, February 15, 2006

More Swim Meet...

Here's me swimming the 100 Yard Freestyle - I'm in the furthest lane from the camera - again, green suit, blue cap. I REALLY want to be able to pull this race off with 3 good flip turns. Next race it will happen...



And here's me in the 50 yard breaststroke. I love the breaststroke. I would like to increase my stroke rate and coach has promised we will perfect the new pullout technique. I'd like to work on my starts too. Once the gut has started to shrink, I'll be better able to reach the edge of the starting block...sad but true...

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

YAY!!! That's so inspiring! Your stroke looks so solid and strong to me!!!

10:36 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Chris said...

Those are pretty good open turns. You're not losing much time if any to the person next to you who is doing flip turns at each wall. :)

6:34 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Hollyfish said...

Thanks, Nancy & Chris! I've worked hard to have strong open turns but I think I actually do lose a lot of energy at the wall...I tend to come almost to a complete stop so then I have to work harder in the lane to regain distance. If I can just get enough air, I figure I'll gain about a second at each wall... here's hoping anyway...

8:38 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

nice job! i watched the 100 free.

i'd like to get a videotape of my swimming... i think i swim a lot like you.

the swimmer next to you was intereting... very efficient, high hips, swims quietly (little splash), and good extension.

all things i'm working on!

what was with the woman who won? looks like she lost her top right out of the starting blocks -- that must have been embarrassing!

12:59 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Hollyfish said...

Ah, Bold. You make me chuckle... since this was such a small meet, the heats were mixed men and women. The winner was a guy so he wasn't wearing a top. How funny would it have been if a woman swam the whole race with no top?? I don't think the masters scene is quite that hard core... :) giggle, giggle...

1:29 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

i do what i can

12:59 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home