Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Phillips Exeter Swim Meet

OK!! As promised, here is a video of me and Milkshake Girl swimming the 100 IM in the most recent swim meet. It was great fun...as you'll see I got my ass handed to me by M.G., especially on the Butterfly leg but I rest easy knowing that she's going down if I have anything to say about it! She's thinking about tri but hasn't yet taken the leap so my advantage is I get 4-5 more workouts than she does each week... heh. yeah...and the fact that she started Masters a full two years after me and she's come up from the pokey lane to totally blow by me in the tweener lane doesn't make me bitter at all...NOT. AT. ALL. Now if I can just convince her to come with us to the next meet, she'll rack up points she never thought she could and we'll have a top ten finish for sure!!

So the video - yeah, I'm the perfectly rotund figure in the middle lane, green suit, blue cap (WOW is it ever hard to see myself in a swimsuit right now...) and M.G. is to my left in the black suit and yellow cap - I didn't realize it until now but she won the heat! Excelllent... I look really tired thru the whole race - I just KNOW I can go faster than that. I'm FIRED UP to get there... OK, here you go...



We did dryland abs and shoulders again before swimming and it was great. Even after two sessions I felt stronger. It's going to make a huge difference, I can tell. Also went for a short 30 min. run last night when I got home. It was just after dark so I took my headlamp with me and it works great! I felt very visible and safe. Will go again tomorrow morning - hopefully not in the dark as it's finally light in the AM now..

Going to post a bunch of swimming stuff for the next little while...we practiced flip turns and flip turn drills today...I can totally do them I just never have enough air to get away from the wall with a good push off. It went well. I'll get there...they're better than they used to be. I want to be able to do all flips at the next meet.

For total inspiration, go watch Dave Denniston's new video at Project Walk...after you get to the Phase III page, click on Dave D.'s picture. Then go do some crunches and give thanks that you are able to TRI every day...

4 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

That is so freaking cool!!!! :) I don't think I could honestly swim 25 yards of butterfly right now without DYING. Great job!

4:23 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

Woohoo! Way to GO!!!

4:30 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Chris said...

That's so awesome! You totally have me all geeked out and wanting to sign up for a masters meet or something. Nice job!

5:12 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

that looked like serious fun!

it was all olympicky and everythin'!!

MG is a rocket. noting that she did not breathe bilaterally in the last 25. once per cycle.

you've mastered the four strokes, and toe'd the line -- i for one am all impressed!

happy V-day spence!

5:24 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home