Friday, March 24, 2006

Greetings Swim Fans!!

YEEEEEHAAAWWW !!! I’m not at the meet yet – going down tonight but four of our intrepid teammates are already racing and from the results posted so far, we have a 4th place finish for 13 points from John in the 400 IM. COOL!!! That’s an insanely tough race and he was 4th/8 in his age group so we’re off to a great start! YEAH baby!!

If you want to watch the action go here and you can load either the live scoreboard or the live webcam. The webcam isn’t all that impressive – it’s small and moves slowly but it’s still cool none-the-less.

If you want to see results, you can go here. You’ll need to know who to root for so download our roster by clicking on ‘Athletes (by team)” and scrolling down to “CCB Masters”…except Natalie isn’t on our team. She must’ve entered the wrong workout group…we were considering making t-shirts that say, “Where’s Natalie?” or “Who’s Natalie?” but didn’t have time. She’s our invisible swimmer.

Anyway, I’ll try and post more updates tonight and/or tomorrow to keep you apprised of the situation. We told our four teammates competing today that we expected to be in the top 20 by the end of the day – we’ll see what happens!

Oh, and a notable non-sequiter…to my HUGE dismay it was announced yesterday that Adam Vinatieri has signed with the Indianapolis Colts. Freakin’ TRAITOR!!! Maybe he and Johnny Damon should get together and go bowling or something. Pro sports make me so crazy…I’m not sure why I even bother. I’m so bitter. Stupid kicker boy. Why oh why did I ever think you were a hero???

OK, now that that’s out of my system, time to head to Bean Town and put it all on the line…er, starting block!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home