Monday, March 13, 2006

March Miracle


You'll never guess. OK, you might guess. But if you've ever lived up here in the Northeast you'd understand how huge this was.
On Saturday.
I.
Rode.
My.
Bike.
OUTSIDE.

OUTSIDE, PEOPLE!!!! Do you have ANY idea how great it was to get out on the road on my trusty steed?? OK, I'm sure some of you know because it was your first day out this year too...but see, IT'S MARCH in VERMONT...that old saying "in like a lion..." yeah, doesn't apply up here. Last year we didn't have leaves on the trees until the second week in MAY. "In like a lion, out like a rhino"...then there's April...in like a tiger, usually out like a hyeena...but no one is ever laughing...and then BOOM, all of a sudden it's summer. Last May, I think we had 4 days above 50˚F. It rained the whole month and when it wasn't raining, it was snowing. So you can kind of understand WHY I was SO PUMPED to get to ride my bike for an hour and a half in MARCH. Holy cow!!! Amazing ride. My legs are a little further along than I thought they'd be so that's good but I didn't really push - I was just glad to be out. And I remembered that I need to remember my sunglasses...and some kind of fuel. Felt kind of bonkish toward the end...but it ROCKED.

I won't get my hopes up for another day like this any time soon. Plus, it's time to focus on the swim meet - only two weeks left... looking forward to the pool tomorrow. We're getting custom caps and sweatshirts for our team... pictures to come soon...

Party on and if you're able to ride your bike right now, DO IT!!! You're luckier than you know...

3 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Curly Su and I rode on Saturday too!!!!!!! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting!!! :) It's currently 66 degrees and tomorrow morning it will be in the 30s. Gotta love it! :)

6:02 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Sixteen Chickens said...

We got 12 inches of snow today, yuck. I'm totally jealous of Vermont's weather.

8:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger TriDaddy said...

Good job! You've got to take advantage of every outdoor opportunity you get!

10:52 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home