Friday, May 12, 2006

HTML HELP!!!

OK, it's been brought (thanks Chris!!) to my attention that if you click on my timestamp at the bottom of each post so that you can see the post and the comments in the same window, the comment text is WHITE on a WHITE background. I realized that when I revamped my blog and changed all the backgrounds to white, the previously white text on TEAL background became invisible. I never noticed because when you click on "comments" and open comments in another window, the comment text is black and all is right with the world.

SO, I realize I have no business messing with my html because I pretty much know enough to get myself in big trouble...but how do I simply change that comment text to black?? or just something darker than white!!!

Here's my comment code as it appears now... when I add a color:#000; line to the comment-body chunk, nothing changes. This seems like the most logical place to change it but nothing happens. HELP!!!

/* Comments
----------------------------------------------- */
#comments {
margin:2em 0 0;
border-top:2px solid #356;
padding-top:1em;
}
#comments h4 {
margin:0 0 .25em;
font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif;
text-transform:lowercase;
color:#9ec;
}
#comments-block {
margin:0;
line-height:1.6em;
}
.comment-poster {
margin:0 0 .25em;
font:bold 112%/1.4em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif;
text-transform:lowercase;
}
.comment-body, .comment-body p {
margin:0 0 .75em;
}
p.comment-timestamp {
margin:-.25em 0 2em;
}
#main .comment-timestamp a {
color:#689;
}
#main .comment-timestamp a:hover {
color:#9ec;
}
.deleted-comment {
font-style:italic;
color:gray;
}

What to do, what to do... who can rescue this fair damsel in distress.... who???

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Spence,

HTML and CSS is always a pain in the ass.

I didn't look at the code closely but normally if something like this happen, I would try to force the color into it. All the comment parts, add the code "color:#000;" into all of them and see if that makes a difference.

Odd, I always thought colors codes are in 5 digits, not in 3.

11:29 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Chris said...

I don't know either, but it looks like you fixed something. :)

12:57 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

I also know enough html to really screw things up. That being said... where can I find instructions for a header template so I can have a cool one like yours? I made one for myself a while back but could not figure out where or how to insert it into the html code. How did you do that?

6:37 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home