Monday, May 01, 2006

Song of the Week II, and NAKED DOGGY!

Here we are, Song of the Week, Week 2!! Head on over to the sidebar to hear some fine tunes from my girls, complete with banjo and mandolin. This one always makes me want to get out and GO...even if I'm not really going far.

Friday's doggy haircut was likely more traumatic for the doggie mummas than for the doggy...but everything turned out ok and we are now watching naked doggy bliss. She's like a little puppy - so excited and happy to be FREE!!! Here's the before pic, just as a reminder:



And here she is after the shave!!! I would strongly reccomend this to anyone with a big hairy dog and hot summers. She's thrilled - even though she doesn't look it in these pics. She was romping around and got upset when I made her sit still and pose for the picture. She intensionally wouldn't look at me.... silly woofie:







OH, and don't let me forget about my fantastic ride on Saturday...the longest yet this season and it felt really good. I've discovered that mile 25 is about where I start to feel uncomfortable...but on this ride, things started to click back in around mile 35 and I finished feeling pretty good. A little sore on Sunday...and actually felt a little cranky and overtrained...but it passed and I'm back to it today. The weather is just amazing...I LOVE global warming... So, the ride:

Total Ride time: 3:07 hr.
Avg. Speed: 14.0 (up a little from last week and over a longer distance)
Max. Speed: 44.5mph (cool!!)
Total Distance: 43.78 mi.

Gotta love the Cateye, eh? Progress is sweet....

Happy Monday!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Our cat is about to get shaved. I have been trying to brush out his mats the past few nights and keep getting bitten and hissed at. Not my idea of fun, nor his I would imagine :)

10:54 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

I know the answer of course, but I will let someone else win.... :)

Such a cute doggy!!! Looks like he could be my best friend...

11:34 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Joe said...

Wow! Are you sure that's the same dog in the before and after photos?

11:42 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

i only hope i look better shaved.

doggie looks great!

2:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

OOOh, good tune!! :)Pooch looks so cute, too! OMG--44.5 MPH max????!!! Geez! I think I'd freak out!!! :)

4:04 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Scott said...

I'll wager $45 Spence....

Your dog is too cute.

6:29 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home