Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ummmmm.....

Suffering from writer's block this week. I guess I've been stuck in my head a lot. It'd be good for me to climb out soon, stop perseverating, blah, blah, blah...

Yesterday was weigh-in day #3 and I'm thankfully back down to the weight I was on weigh-in day #1 (190.5). At least this week I'm moving in the right direction. The better news is that my clothes feel better - my body is definitely changing. But it's SLOW. I was right on the border of giving up a few days ago - feeling like it wasn't making a difference...but I signed up for three months and three months I will commit to... slow has to be ok...plus you all are watching! I'm learning that I'm truly an instant gratification kinda woman. I can do this. It actually hasn't been too bad so far...but I think I need to give it one more week with what I'm doing and if things don't continue on down the scale, I may have to stop using all my activity points....see I get 24 points worth of food/day...and exercise adds points...so for say, an hour of swimming, I get an extra 9 points. Well, I've really needed those points because I've been really hungry...but if I'm only maintaining, I gotta shift it down a bit - maybe only use some of those extra points. And I'll have to be more strict about my weekends...

1-1.5 hr. ride planned for tonight. I'm pretty tired still...my honey was sick all weekend and so far I've managed to not catch whatever it is but I think my body has been fighting it because I'm exhausted for no apparent reason. I'd like to just cruise with a nice easy spin but I need to get out of my comfort zone a little.

Does anyone have a source for Gatorade Endurance Powder? The Gatorade store says it's temporarily unavailable - does that mean that they're busy making more? I can't find the powder anywhere, only the bottles... what gives?

Hope the block is gone by tomorrow...I feel out of touch when you all aren't writing in to comment!! Does that mean I'm comment operated in the coin operated sense? ;) It's definitely possible...

Here's a picture of our garden being fertilized with COW POOP!!!



Train hard!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Don't give up! We're all in this nutrition weight loss thing together! If it's any consolation, I'm still not seeing the progress that I'd like on the scale, but I am back into my summer "skinny" pants. Hang in there! You're making progress, even if that stupid scale doesn't affirm that you are!

6:49 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

I have been trying to find that $#@* gatorade endurance powder, too! Arg! Let me know if you have any luck!

HANG IN THERE, too...the safest way to lose weight (or so says my dietitian friend) is 1-2 pounds a week. My first week on WW I lost 6 pounds and FREAKED OUT--I was bouncing around like crazy! But then it was smaller losses--2 pounds here, a half a pound there. It takes some figuring out and testing to find what works for your body. When I was first in it they didn't let us "use" activity points for the first month (!), so I didn't even know what they were. Not sure if that was good or bad--probably good since I wasn't tri training, but if you are tri training you HAVE to eat to compensate for long workouts. It took me probably 5-6 months to reach my goal weight. BUT--as opposed to my friends who have done other diets (Atkins, etc.) I've been at this weight since 2003. It's a really good system, but it takes time.... I wish it didn't of course :) but hang in there!!! We are all cheering for ya!

7:38 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

Ok, I've run 290 miles so far this year, and ya know how much weight I've lost? Zero, nada, zip, zilch! In fact, I gained 5 pounds when I bought a new scale! I took the first two scales back to the store, but kept #3 since it said I weighted the same incorrect weight! :) Oh well, such is life. Keep focused, don't give up!

BTW, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with acres of lawn to mow!

10:05 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Scott said...

Keep at it Spence. I'll be right there with you once I start back to work next week.

I know from experience how difficult losing weight is. Hard as it is (and I say this to remind myself), just take it one day at a time. If possible, try to take some consolation from the fact that you are working out and training harder than most can. There are many with weight issues who can't even walk around the block much less run a half-marathon. You already have half of the battle won!

With respect to the Redneck thing... my question is why do people go on shows like Jerry Springer? Second question, why do people watch? OMG.

5:48 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Iron Pol said...

Thanks for the comment and suggestions. I've been doing all the reading I can on breathing while swimming. The whole "breathing while biking" and "breathing while running" thing is cake. It might have something to do with the water.

I've been fighting the 190 monster for a long time. The YMCA scale now says I'm 186. I don't believe it.

And I can't find Endurance in ANY form, powder or bottle. If I find any, I'll let you know.

1:01 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home