Sunday, June 25, 2006

Da Big 3-4

June 25, my favorite day. It's always beautiful and sunny and hot - and right now I'm on my front porch, ON LINE because my honey got me an amazing AirPort Extreme Base Station for my birthday so now we're WIRELESS baby!!! OK, still dial-up wireless, but wireless no less. We picked about 40 lbs. of strawberries yesterday and will spend awhile cleaning and freezing them, staking tomatoes, watering everyone and then heading out to the pond for some swimming and cooling off. And eating cake.

Tempo run of the Fairlee course around the lake yesterday - stats went like this... WB said I had to come in under 55 minutes and predicted 52...

Mile 1 - 9:56 (first sub 10 min mile in three years!!!) avg HR 153
Mile 2 - 10:20 avg HR 156
Mile 3 - ouch - 10:54 avg HR 156
Mile 4 - 10:41 avg HR 160
Mile 5 - 9:12 avg HR 161, max 169...obviously this mile is short but I stopped the watch exactly where the chute ends with the finishing mat. My anaerobic threshold seems to be right around 162 at this point...the last two miles didn't feel all that great.
Total time, not including warmup: 51:04

Lance Armstrong-Like assault on Thetford Hill, TWICE, today...wish me luck!!!

And I hope everyone who's racing has a FANTASTIC DAY!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Wireless is da bomb! Congrats on your new freedom!

Hope you're having a great Birthday! Not even taking a day off from work outs? Man, that's dedication!

11:08 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

Way to bust 52 mins!!! Happy Birthday. How did I not know that your b-day is the same day as my anniversary??? Glad you got the wireless thing going on...

12:50 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

Happy B-day Spence!

I will bestow upon you, belated, my highest honor in da Republic: a 34 p-dawg salute!!

2:58 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Cliff said...

happy b-day..

40 lbs of strawbeery..sounds like a cross training to m e:)

What are u going to do with them..make jam?

3:57 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are awesome splits! Nice work!

12:53 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Scott said...

Happy belated birthday Spence! Great run!

5:59 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger JC said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Spence. And kickass on the run. You go girl. (oh and when are you going highspeed already! come on!)

1:17 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Isis said...

Happy birthday! And what better gift than strawberry season? Enjoy!

6:48 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger christine said...

Hi Spence!

I recently celebrated my 43rd b-day and wanted to extend belated b-day wishes to you. I found your blog via several other blogs and always appreciate the positive vibe of your comments. I also empathized greatly with your "Enough is Enough" post.
I just wanted to pass along something my wise 10 year old daughter shared with me one day as I lamented over my huge Puerto Rican backside...she said "mama, focus on what your body can do and not how it looks!"
Yeah, I know we all want to look good but I'd be a total fool not to appreciate the power and strength of my body. I'm sure I'll always take issue with my thighs but damn if they don't get me where I want to go! The physical changes will never outweight the mental ones....You are an amazing athlete, strutt your stuff girl!!!

9:33 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home