Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fairlee Pics! Thru the Eyes of Milkshake Girl...Photographer Extraordinaire

Sorry I've been kinda M.I.A. since THE RACE. Things are good, just been thinking about other stuff...non-blog (gasp!) related. It's been so FREAKIN' hot this week - sounds like ya'll are experiencing the same stuff so I won't complain too much - but misery loves company so feel free to leave me some comment love on HOW HOT it is in your neck of the woods (à la, "it's so FREAKIN' hot here my bike shoes melted to the pavement...you know, that kinda thing...mabye a contest is in order... )
At long last, here are some pics from the race, taken by the famed Milkshake Girl, dressed in her gingham garb and roller blades. I can't believe no one got her picture so you could see what I'm talking about. She was a sight...and did a FABULOUS job of recording our day.

(Disclaimer: the pics that you are about to see will be part of the collection labelled "BEFORE I LOST THE WEIGHT." Most of them are really hard for me to look at but I was inspired by Scott's willingness to embrace pictures of himself and work toward acceptance of the now. I'm working toward the "after" pics but for now, proceed at your own risk...it is what it is...and like Scott, the smile says it all...)


A beautiful morning to race...


Me 'n TriZilla having just arrived in transition. I wore my Bolder Boulder shirt for good luck!! And my Livestrong hat for my peeps doin' battle...


Spence spots Milkshake Girl, just before the start. (Hey, lighten up Tattoo Boy...)


...and tells TriZ to smile! oh, and Jo is over on the left peeking over the crowd...


Wave 3 enters the water. I drew a red arrow so you can see me...the one without a wetsuit...


I was in the middle for a minute (blue suit straps) but wanted to be on the left so that I had an inside line around the counterclockwise buoys


Started making my way over to the left...


Got where I wanted to be - you can see my left arm directly below the orange buoy


And we're off!!!


T1, time to ride!!!


Yeah, the smile says it all. This race was SO MUCH FUN.


Not sure what's up with the lady in the pink dress...she looks distressed...


Just after this shot, the race volunteer at that intersection had to ask Milkshake Girl to move because she was ringing the cowbell so loudly. PHOOEY!!! I SAY MORE COWBELL!!! #1 Fan...


This one's blurry but I think I actually LOOK like a runner here...








Get out of the way, I want to be DONE with this!!!


Into the chute...always my favorite part.

It was a fantastic day at the races. Can't wait for the next one...

Train hard!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Jae Cee said...

Wow, again, wow!!! I'm impressed. Y'know, I'm inspired by this...I should do this too. Thanks for existing. Hozhogo.

Jerome

2:47 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

Awesome photos! You look like you were having a blast the whole time...

3:14 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the pics! Looks like it was a scenic and fun course.

9:49 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Scott said...

Yup - the smile says it all. You look like a runner to me. More important, I bet you felt like one.

Let's keep talking about this - I just know that the time is ripe for progress for both of us....

5:23 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Isis said...

Those are great. Love 'em all, but my fav has to be the one with uptight tattoo boy. Fabulous.

7:11 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Carrie said...

Your smile made me smile. Way to have fun...it sure didn't look like everyone was there to have fun (tatoo boy)

3:25 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Steven said...

Great pics! You look like you had a blast. Excellent job!

3:40 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

that was a great photo share -- all your smilin' was just like in your race report.

now, i gotta get me one of those Bolder Boulder race shits... i got the long sleever in my package, must get the short sleever!

keep smilin'. keep with the triathlon, you'll be healthy for life...

3:57 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

I think you look Marvelous!!! Just like a real triathlete!

... and a brave one at that! Look at you! No wetsuit! Those other guys were a bunch of sissies! :P

Great photos!

11:27 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Chris said...

Great pics! And smiling the whole way through. Looks like it was a great time. :)

8:17 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger christine said...

Ditto! The pics are great, I visited the other day but had trouble viewing them...they really tell a great storey! You look awesome, well sone Spence!

9:24 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger christine said...

Ooops, I meant well Done Spence!

9:26 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger jeanne said...

wow, those are some great photos! made me feel like i was actually there! CONGRATS!

4:15 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

you look like you had a great time! I look horribly like tatoo guy in my race photos from last weekend!

7:48 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home