Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The July 4th Ocean Swim that Wasn't


OK, the wind was gusting to around 25mph on both days I was at the beach this weekend...so the open water swim didn't happen. I had planned to swim across this stretch of Narrgansett Bay over to Hog Island (see the little red roofed house behind the high dive float?) but it wasn't safe for the boat that was to accompany me so we bagged it. Had a nice swim in a calm pond on Monday instead. Much less choppy!! Here are some pics of the waves (and da woofie). Yikes - on the photo above you can see the dock is all wet - the waves were crashing OVER it!!







Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th... It's time for me to get my head back into it... should be good and ready for Fairlee on Sunday!!! BRING. IT. ON.

7 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Glad you had a great 4th. Sorry you had to can your swims...!

3:18 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for posting that! You made me feel better about bagging my ocean swim!! :-)

I WANT YOUR DOG!!

3:19 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Plus I forgot to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

3:21 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger JC said...

PUPPY!!!!
Spence, do you let the puppy swim with you? talk about a fun training partner.

4:35 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

Fairlee on Sunday! Great! Go kick some b*tt! :)

Wait til you see the next swimming picture I post on my blog! It'll make you say OMG! I'll try to quit playing around and get the next post done tonight.

Woofie always looks like he's smiling!

5:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Hollyfish said...

Woofie is more of a wader...but she swims a little. I wish she'd actually train with me...I can't even take her on a short run...she sits down and says, "OK, dat's enuff...see you when you get back!!" Lazy woofie. Yes, she is often smiling...

5:55 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Scott said...

I'll be thinking of you on Sunday at Fairlee. You sound really confident which is great.

6:15 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home