Thursday, July 27, 2006

"Tap, Tap, Tap," said the Flatman

"Anyone home???" was the question that zoomed into my inbox this morning...

OK, yeah, it's been kinda quiet over here at 2/3rds... I've heard complaints of crickets and radio silence, musings of busted computers, and gentle nudges that my commenters miss me as much as I miss my comments (because ya'll know I'm completely comment driven).

I dunno. Just been living, I guess.

How lucky am I...

...that I've met some really great new friends in the past month, some who have touched my heart and shown me such unbelievable support and caring, who will be in my life forever?

...that I can ride my bike, run, and swim and my body listens and responds and does what I ask it to do, with very few complaints?

...that I am healthy and happy and employed in a job that I don't really mind going to every day with a home that's my favorite place to come to every night?

...that I have a loving partner and an amazing woofie who make me happy every day to be alive?

...that music is everywhere, and so many new songs, so expertly mixed, have wended their way to my door...and squirmed into my rapidly filling iPod to feed my soul and warm my heart?

...that I live in an incredibly beautiful place that offers me so many opportunities to be outside, close to the sun and the moon and the stars?

...that my family is close, comes to visit me, cheers for my success and buoy's my failures?

...that I have a HUGE extended family of bloggers, triathletes, runners, coaches, and friends who care about how I am, what I'm up to, and if things are going okay?

How lucky am I? Pretty damn lucky.

Summer, health, fitness, friends, family, this life, every bit of it... is so precious and sweet.

Don'tchya think?

9 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Are we living the same life?

Someday we must meet.

7:32 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

me thinks.

9:48 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

You hit the nail on the head, chica!

11:03 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

yuppers!

10:34 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

yeah baby!

9:16 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Isis said...

Great post. We're lucky, too.

3:39 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Cliff said...

Only one thing to say...


life is good...

11:14 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Summer does get crazy I think and we all are quite lucky aren't we? :) Glad you are having so much fun enjoying life!

3:34 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger christine said...

aaaahhhh the good life...live it up Spence!

6:49 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home