Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Stuck on Chapter 3

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters
Portia Nelson

Chapter 1
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost...I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter 2
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in...it's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter 4
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter 5
I walk down another street.

Well Folks, things have fallen apart in my world. Working to turn the universe back onto it's feet...race report for my first Olympic Tri is brewing...bear with me while I continue to climb out of my proverbial hole.

Thinking of you all every single day...

12 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Those chapters were years in my life but I finally found another street. Come on out.

3:39 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

You can do it, H. I know it. You just have to be strong. Been thinking of you lots...

4:22 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

i know the street well.

i'm sending a ladder.

10:02 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you posting again! I am familiar with the struggle, if that helps at all.

Anyway, can't wait to hear about the Oly and congrats on completing it! My first Oly is just around the corner and I am starting to fret...

10:26 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger rocketpants said...

Hang in there! Been thinking about you lots recently. I know you will find your way to chapter 5.

10:03 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Isis said...

Oh, THAT street. We've been thinking of you too--and eager for your return. Good wishes!

4:16 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Scott said...

OMG - I swear Spence, I had no idea that you posted the Autobiography. This frightens me.

I like your version much better though - I had to compose my paraphrased version from memory.

Not only that, I only logged in this afternoon to check to see if you had posted because I was going to send you an e-mail if you hadn't. I should have sent one weeks ago.

Please send me an e-mail and let me know what's going on. Are you OK?

Scott

4:24 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Thinking of you and hoping you are OK....I miss you.

2:04 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger tri-mama said...

You never left my sidebar or my thoughts-frankly, I can't walk by my Trimama sticker without thinking about you and sending a little prayer your way. Hang in there, you'll make it. Loved those race pics-you look great. I can't believe you swim without a wet suit- I mean I know you're a master's swimmer, but that would just freak me out :) Way to go!

9:52 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Nick said...

Alright alright alright, enough introspection. Next race is comin' up. Let's go with the race reoprt and start looking forward....

WB

3:55 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger TriDaddy said...

Hope everything is looking better for you... things will turn around!

10:22 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger christine said...

Hang in there!

9:41 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home