Monday, October 09, 2006

3...Is the magic number



I'm looking forward to the day when I feel like this kid again. Yes, that's me, age 3...bottle in hand obviously high on life and every bit the goofball. I think it's apple cider that we'd just pressed...or maybe I got a sip of the hard stuff?

Yesterday was one of those days - beautiful skies, gorgeous sun shining thru a rainbow of changing leaves...and I was just restless...or melancholy...or both. I didn't want to be alone but didn't want to be with anyone either. I wanted to hike or ride but really wanted to sit on the couch and knit. I was hungry but didn't feel like eating anything in my fridge. I needed this kid to help me laugh.

As usual, mother nature came to the rescue and a 2 hour solo hike in the autumn air got me thru it. And the couch was still there with the knitting needles when I got back...the the chili was hot and ready for tasting. Sundays are hard right now.

Don't you just wish sometimes that you could go back to the world you lived in when you were 3?

Happy Monday...

4 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

JC's Top 10 Reasons Its Better to be 30-Something than 3:
10. I no longer need a step stool ladder to use the toilet.
9. I can spoil my dinner with ice cream any time I damn well please.
8. I don't have to wear my sisters hand me downs. That girl had no style.
7. 1 word. Beer.
6. I'm finally tall enough for the big kids rides at 6 Flags and Canobie Lake and all.
5. If I color outside the lines now its considered "art."
4. Current rate of inflation minus the delta in cost of living, my salary is still far and away better than my allowence which means I can buy a lot bigger toys.
3. I don't have to eat broccoli now if I don't want to. And that goes for any vegetable that looks like a tree. I am not a dinosaur, dang it.
2. If I want a pony, I can go and get me a pony. Now where I am going to put Thumby the Pony in my Brooklyn apartment is a whole different matter, but I can finally have a freaking pony!

And the number one reason why its better to be 30-something:

1. Doing triathlons in pull-ups would seriously chafe.


cheer up, Spence. Sundays won't be hard forever. Healing takes time. The more time you give it, the healthier you are in the end. Keep on going for hikes and giving yourself time and space. It will feel better soon.

1:35 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Scott said...

Thought... you went for a healthy hike and then knit (which I imagine to be quite spiritual). sounds like somebody's doing good for herself.

I .... well, nevermind.

I hope you cheer up soon Spence.

6:49 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

That is SO DARN CUTE!!! Look at your face! Love it! :)

JC cracked me up! LMAO!

9:49 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Carrie said...

Benefits for age 3
1. naps are not only a luxury, they are not optional.
2. you can read the same book 100 times and never tire of the same 10 pages and 5 sentences.
3. Ain't nobody gonna carry my butt around when I get tired of walking.
4. you don't have to cook, clean, do your own laundry, pay bills or even take a bath.

2:04 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home