Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Hat-Trick

So now that the "term paper" is done, I feel like I can blog again. Work is picking up as we head into the ski season and things are starting to get wild again. My new place has high speed wireless internet so I guess I no longer have any excuse, do I? I think I might post less content more often. I want it to stay fun, ya know? I don't need any more "have tos" in my world right now.

So three things:

1.) I've noticed around blogland that folks are feeling kinda down. Not everyone, but on the dozen or so blogs I read today, I saw it in 4 or 5 of them and feel like it's worth bringing up 'cause I feel it too. Just down. It's getting darker. It's getting colder. The season is over. We're all coming down off of our racing high and many of us are facing the reality of indoor training for 6 long, dark, snowy months. I guess for me the important thing is to keep perspective. It's helping me a ton right now to plan out the year...yes, the year...from now until the last race of 2007. Ya know, there aren't that many weeks!!! Makes the whole winter thing more manageable. Give it a try. And remember if you're feeling kinda low, there are others feeling it too...none of us are alone.

2.) I took an exciting step and made my first commitment to my 2007 season! It's something I've wanted to do for awhile and a nudge from a good friend got me on board pretty quickly. I'm especially excited about this one because we're gonna make a weekend of it, take bikes and ride some of the course the day before and then cheer on 4 of my masters swimming friends. Come join us! We asked to be peelers, transition helpers and/or finish line catchers. And if you're signed up to race, let me know so I can watch for you! I'm also PLANNING on being in Madison for IMMOO 2007 to volunteer but the logistics of that adventure are considerably more complicated so stay tuned on that one...

3.) 2007 is the year I turn 35. And since age 29, when I started this quest, the mapped out plan had me finishing a half ironman the year I turn 35. So, registration opens for this race on November 1st. The plan is to click the submit button on that day. And after I finish, I'll make a plan for the second half of my 30s.

BRING.IT.ON.

Hang tough, ya'll...

6 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Sounds AWESOME! I felt better too when I sat down and planned....ahhh goals. Goals are good.

Speaking of plans, I'm planning on being at the IM MOO to volunteer too! Got a good buddy from college who's doing it as her first IM, and I want to be there for Wil, too! :) Will be so fun to meet ya.

9:21 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Sascha said...

We should totally get a block of blogger hotel rooms so that we can all be together. I'm going to volunteer but also to be a sherpa flunky for the raceathlete folks who are racing. And then we can all party once we've tucked the exhuasted little ironmen in their collective beds!

10:09 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

6 long, dark, snowy months? Whatchyoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

It only gets below 30 degrees about 4 times a year around here and what is this "snow" you speak of???

I plan on taking a bike ride on Christmas (and I might or might not wear arm warmers...) :P

9:45 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

strip me, strip me!

i was at my masters class yesterday, there was 3 of us there... all guys.

the season is over 'cept for Kona and IMFL... it's dark by the end of class, it's gettin' cooler, and it's been a long, long build.

eyes on the prize.

'cause, let me tell ya, it's not getting easier, at the worst possible time!!!

4:16 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

sounds like some fun stuff planned! I definitely need to volunteer for an mdot race, it looks like a blast.

5:46 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

OMG! Timberman! How cool! I'd give my right arm to be able to come join you!

I don't work much in the winter... so I'm probably one of the few that look forward to it! Just in case we get loads of snow, I've already checked out x-country ski rental! Makes me almost look forward to that cold, white stuff!

10:25 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home