Thursday, November 30, 2006

Chance Sighting...

By some miracle, Triathlete Girl met me at the pool this morning. It was REALLY nice to see her. I think she called me a few minutes before my alarm went off but I can't quite remember. She was positive, upbeat and raring to go.

There were only two of us in my lane this morning (well, not including Tri Girl) so that was a nice switch from the usual 4 or 5. I actually got to lead and Tri Girl kicked in with a vengeance...it was a crazy hard IM practice with all kinds of turn practice - clean IM turns take some thinking, backstroke touch on your back, breast stroke pullouts, dolphin kicks on everything but the breast, etc. - and I was ON baby. It felt good to push hard and be able to hold my technique for the whole hour. At the end coach helped me some with my fly technique and I THINK I finally have it. Well, I did for one whole length anyway. At least I know I'll survive the 100 IM in the upcoming meet.

And Tri Girl seems to still be sitting on my shoulder as I made it through my morning feeding without one step toward the edge of the wagon. No caffeine, the perfect amount of cereal and a steaming hot cup of tea.

Boy am I glad she's back...even if it's just for today. I'll take it.

Happy Thursday everyone!!

7 Comments:

Blogger rocketpants said...

Way to stay on the wagon!! Yea.

Awesome swim with Tri-girl. I hope you see her tomorrow too.

1:17 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Yay! Glad she showed up--good to see her back!

5:24 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

ALLRIGHT!

10:39 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start! That's Great!

2:01 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love your blog! Thanks for stopping in so I could meet you. The swimming & dieting intentions are right up my alley too. (WINCE on the latter.)

12:04 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, I just clicked on the hyperlink. Thank you for that essay. I'm sorry to say that I can relate. I will read and re-read it because I too know those things but forget them. And it does feel good to know I am/we are not alone.

12:12 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in the upcoming swim meet. 100 IM is a fun event, isn't it!

4:38 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home