Tuesday, December 05, 2006

4th Grade Humor

I'm in the mood for some totally infantile humor today so I need some audience participation. But first, the ever important number: 2.6. That's the number of lbs. I've lost in my first week back to Weight Watchers. It's not a lot, but it's a start...and one of my esteemed tri coaches reminded me that Mondays can be heavy days for a number of reasons... But my clothes fit better, I feel better, it's all good. And Triathlete Girl has appeared several times in the past few days. I'm pretty sure the new meds are working... THANK the goddess.

OK, time for audience participation. As I was showering at the pool on Saturday morning, I noticed the drain was full of nasty soap scum and lotsa hair. EWWW. And I thought to myself, "THAT's grosser than gross." And then I thought, how about a "What's Grosser than Gross" poll, triathlete style. SO, what have you noticed in your time as a triathlete that totally grosses you out?? I'll start...

WHAT'S GROSSER THAN GROSS?

1. Hair and soap scum in the drain in the locker room.
2. The smell of my running shoes after a rainy, muddy run.
3. When people at the gym don't wipe their sweat off the equipment after they use it..
4. [FILL IN YOUR GROSS OUT HERE!!]

C'mon people...I need to giggle today!!!

Train hard!

8 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

When people don't update theie "thinning" swimsuits and they become *clear*.. :)

Snot rockets...yes, they are necessary, but still way nasty.

My gym bag...? I have to just chunk it in the washer every few weeks.

9:46 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

running through septic canals in a Ironman 70.3 Florida, storing those shoes in a bag, and then forgetting and opening that bag two weeks later!

*bold opens bag, faints from smell, comes to on garage floor*

10:51 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Losing count of how many times you pee on your bike during IM after #9...

Not that I would know...! ;)

12:44 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TST got to my first one first. (About which I have to admit, I am a part of the problem, not the solution.;)

So I've dredged up this second one for your pleasure: Mile 25 of my first marathon, a definite odor accosts my nostrils, accompanied by the sound of rapid footsteps. I almost swoon from the smell as a runner draws even with and then passes me. She has chunky-style, calf-scours yellow diarrhea all down her legs.

She finished before I did.

5:41 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

portapotties at any race. ugh.
oh, i saw a compound fracture once from a fallen cyclist. that was kind of gross.

2:26 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

Noooo...triteacher....nooooo. That was better left locked in your memory... Ewwwwwwwwwww.

2:47 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger TriDaddy said...

Stepping in my 14-year old dog's cold soft poop at the bottom of the stairs at 6 am several times a week... if only I could have my coffee before I go downstairs maybe I could avoid it...

10:58 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

Oh, come on now! I am not going to engage in this childish display of raunchy humor!

Ok! Just this once! :)

My contribution will be all the reasons we need chlorine in our pool water! Pee, vomit, band aids, floaters (poopies), dirty butts, hair, chunky yellow sputum, body fluids, ear wax, athletes foot, dandruff, scabs, toe jam, snot wads, sweat and skin. What did I forget?

Go Triathlete Girl!!! Swim tonight? :-P

1:11 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home