Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year's Eve

I'm feeling better. I've gotten a lot done in the past two days and feel like some of the pressure is off at work. I work in the ski industry and our big show is in Las Vegas during the third week in January. My job is to design and produce the product catalog for our 2007-08 products as well as put together the show booth for the show. It's a fun job but at this time of year, it adds to the stress...and especially this year. I'm a planner...and this catalog is impossible to get a head start on. Just the nature of the business.

Things in other realms are still tough but my spirit is somehow feeling stronger. Maybe it's relief that 2006 has finally come to an end. It's been a year of incredible highs and the lowest of lows... but I think maybe I'm catching a glimpse of acceptance and getting a grip on what I can control and what I can't. I've never been a religious person but I've had the Lord's Prayer on my mind a lot lately. We said it at my Grandmother's service and I think I've been carrying it with me since then.

I'm not ready to choose a mantra for the year but training officially begins this week. For now, I'm taking things day by day...and trying to find only this:

acceptance of the things I cannot change
courage to change the things I can
and wisdom to know the difference

Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve and best of luck to all of you racing in New Year's Day triathlons...2007 brings a clean slate with lots of promise. Thanks for tuning in. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Happy New Year! :)

10:19 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home