Sunday, December 31, 2006

Tagged!

Barb tagged me with this book game:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

I'm tempted to choose a book that's further away than the one closest to me but I guess ya'll know that I'm working thru some stuff so here's the one that's on the couch next to me:

Book: Saying What's Real: 7 Keys to Authentic Communication and Relationship Success
Author: Susan Campbell, PhD

pg. 123, 5th sentence:

"Judgements and interpretations about the other are a type of defense mechanism. They help us to maintain the illusion that we are in control - that we know things that we actually cannot know, such as someone else's intentions or hidden feelings. All we can really know for sure is what we ourselves experience."

I'm not at all a self-help book reader. I'm trying to expand my horizons a bit and this book is actually pretty helpful for me to read right now. Check it out...

I tag Ms. Triathlete Teacher, Rocketpants, and Isis.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bolder said...

happy 2007 spence!

i'm impressed you stayed on the red wagon over the holidays. i didn't...

well done!

10:32 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

Wouldn't it just be so much easier if we could read minds? Ohhh, now that I think about it, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea!

If you ever run across "Looking Out For #1", pick it up. It's an easy read and helped me through some tough times once.

10:12 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Spence. Hope you kick some ass!

8:55 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home