Monday, June 25, 2007

35 Years Young

I'm 35 years old today! Life as a triathlete and masters swimmer is great for a 35 year old... it means: AGING UP!!! Stay tuned to see if it makes a difference in my results! Here's hoping anyway...

Went on another crazy, hilly ride on Saturday. It was SO windy we had to FIGHT to get down the hills. I was loving my aerobars. Climbing is feeling better each and every ride - I'm really starting to warm up to my two ring gearing... can't be more specific than that 'cause I don't know what the numbers are... but it's working for me and hills are no longer as PAINFUL as they once were. Here's the route and elevation profile in case you're wondering...



Train hard!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Happy birthday! Time to update that profile, too!

12:49 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Larissa said...

Happy Birthday! 35 is a great age!

That looks like a wicked ride you went on - congrats on getting strong on those hills!

2:19 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

Hey! Happy Birthday girl! Glad to see you are showing that bike who's boss! Timberman is right around the corner!

10:27 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Sixteen Chickens said...

Happy belated birthday, Spence!

7:35 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger TriDaddy said...

Happy Birthday! ANd by the way, here in North Carolina, not only is the wind ALWAYS in your face, but you're always riding uphill too. Or maybe that's just me.

11:03 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Isis said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a great one, and welcome to the 35-39 age group. Ain't life sweet?

2:28 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home