Wednesday, July 25, 2007

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention...

I've been pretty disconnected from the news lately - my aunt made me aware of this story today and it made me sick and afraid. How are we letting history repeat itself in realms like this? It doesn't make any sense to me.

PLEASE take the time to read about these kids and sign the petition.

JUSTICE FOR THE JENA 6

Read the NAACP's report on the whole situation here.

You can get to the online petition from either of the above links but just in case you miss it, it's HERE. SIGN IT.

The national media has been unusually quiet about this story. Go figure. If you have a blog, use it to educate your friends and others. If we can't go mainstream, take it to the underground. It's too important.

Use your voice to stand up for these kids and their civil rights. When it's time for others to stand up for your civil rights, there might not be anyone left.

1 Comments:

Blogger Larissa said...

Racism is everywhere. However, I lived in the South for eight years and can attest to the fact that its downright expected down there. I wonder what the white student who was in the fight was charged with. Does he get off because he lost? Or more likely because he's got the right colored skin. Shame on Louisiana.

12:47 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home