Monday, August 20, 2007

I MADE IT!!! Call me TIMBERWOMAN!!

70.3 miles. It was long. It was hard. But I never wanted to stop and never felt like I needed to. Here's the short story...more to come very soon but bear with me, I'm finishing my job, marrying off my brother and moving across the country in the next three weeks... LOTS going on!!!

1492 people started the race, interestingly there were 1017 men and only 475 women.

1461 people finished the race (the last finisher was Dick Hoyt with his son Rick).

I finished 1411/1461.

Swim:
1.2 mi. in 40:04 minutes
744/1461

T1: 5:51 (had to do hair and makeup)

Bike:
56 VERY WINDY miles in 3:48:41, avg. speed 14.7 mph, serious nutrition issues
1419/1461

T2: 3:05 (skipped the makeup this go-round)

Run:
13.1 mi. in 3:00:23, average jogging/shuffling/walking pace of 13:47 min./mi.
1435/1461

Total time: 7:38:02
Overall age group: 96/106
Overall women: 431/475

The great thing about these numbers...NO WHERE to go but UP, baby!!!

Report to come as soon as I can get to it... I stood next to race winner Desiree Ficker in the ladies' room before the race and she was just chatting up the gals in there as if she were one of us!!! I love this sport...

Signing off...very sore and badly in need of a NAP. ;)

14 Comments:

Blogger rocketpants said...

Woohoo! Way to go! looking forward to the report when you can. I understand the craziness going on with finishing, moving and everything else! Doing the same myself.

3:41 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Larissa said...

Whoot, Whoot!!! Go, Spence! That so ROCKS!

Um, wait, you're marrying your brother? Isn't that illegal? ;)

5:08 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! Way to go, girl.

5:12 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Congratulations! That's a fabulous time!! Well done indeed!

7:03 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Hollyfish said...

OK, I should've said "marrying OFF" my brother. Changing it now... ;)

7:37 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger JC said...

yeah, marrying your brother was a bit jarring for a first sentence. Spence, you rocked it. I actually knew the finisher right behind you. She was from NYC and we trained together for a while. So for you to be ahead of her gives me a good sense of how you were doing. So despite you knowing you can only go up from here, where here is is pretty freaking awesome. congratulations. you tore it up.

7:48 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger momo said...

great job, spence, you did wonderful! congratulations.

enjoy the next couple of busy weeks!!

11:09 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Triteacher said...

Congratulations, Spence!!! Do post pics of the hair and makeup, please. ;)

9:22 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger William Lobdell said...

great, great job. i still owe you a T-shirt, but i forgot your size. let me know and i'll ship it out to you!

12:31 AM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Spence!

9:50 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Joe said...

Great job, Timberwoman!

11:04 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Barb said...

I haven't had the opportunity to tell you this lately... but lady, YOU ROCK!!! Congratulations! I'm Very proud! With everything going on in your life, I didn't think you were going to be able to do this race. You inspire me!

3:01 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger TriDaddy said...

Hey great job! The goal is to finish right... At least that's what I keep telling myself when I'm not as fast as I want to be!! Congrats on the accomplishment!

2:38 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

Where ya at?

11:35 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home