Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

OK, I survived my first quarter and now that second quarter is underway, I'm all about the balancing act of making my life work again. Rumor has it that things will slow down a bit now that Sylvia's class is done. Thank goodness!

Atlanta is proving to be a HUGE help with my winter depression and 2008 is off to a great start. It's kind of like living in a perpetual Northeast September/October weather pattern, minus the gray, rain and leaves. Granted the drought is no good - but I'm surely benefiting from all the bright sunshine! It better hurry up and rain or else we'll have no water to tri in this summer! Mudbath anyone?

The other cool thing is that I can actually get out and RIDE my bike... OUTSIDE!!! How cool is that??? I'm hoping to go out and around Stone Mountain this weekend. Now if I could just find some training partners who are as pokey as I am right now...

Also have my first race on the calendar! I do a lot better when I have a goal. So it'll be the ShamRock 'n Roll 10k Road Race on March 16. Nice to have some momentum.

AND, since I love you all so and wish I could have sent each and every one of you holiday gifts, let me introduce you to PANDORA (if you've not met her already.) She is so incredibly amazing. She's a free internet radio site where you can plug in any artist you like and she'll make you your very own radio station from that artist along with all the other artists that sound like him/her. And it's just AWESOME. No commercials, never a song you don't like and all free. Amazing. So far, my favorite station came from typing in "Paul Simon." Check it out. No need to thank me, I'm here to help. ;)

Hope everyone's New Year is off to a fantastic start. Resolution #1 is to work less and blog more.

Train hard!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Starks said...

I'm realllllly slow on the bike. I'll ride with you sometime.

I'm also doing the ShamRock 'n Roll on Mar 16. I'm only doing the 5K though (I have to work that day - tis the season in the Accounting world...)

10:19 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger rocketpants said...

Wooohooo! She's back! Glad to see you survived the first quarter an I hope this next quarter proves to be better.

12:07 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger JC said...

Welcome back Spence. Glad to see you survived your first quarter. I thought of you when I was in atlanter for 12 hours and saw some cyclists. not you tho. :(

12:17 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home