Sunday, January 06, 2008

Ouchie!!

Back in the pool this week and it's PAINFUL. Here's why:

1. I miss my old masters team. A LOT. My new team is super friendly and plenty fun but there really is no coaching to speak of so it's really more like a group of people that show up and swim together. Only slightly more motivating than going by myself. SIGH.

2. It's been almost 3 months since I've done any consistent swimming. Why oh why oh WHY do I insist on letting things go every fall??? It's SO much harder to build back than it is to maintain!!! Somehow my wee little brain cannot seem to digest that nugget of wisdom.

3. The GA Tech pool is set up for long course meters right now. If you've never tried swimming long course meters, you might not understand why this is painful. I had never tried it before either. Trust me. Short course yards is like kindergarten compared to this...

4. Did I mention I miss my old team?

However, it DOES feel good to be working my body again. And today it's 60˚F outside!!! I almost broke out the bike except that a nap sounds much more exciting.

Train hard!

4 Comments:

Blogger Isis said...

Hi Spence,

It's so much fun to read about you in Hotlanta! I understand how hard it can be to adapt to a new team, especially when it is an uncoached team, so I'm sending you good vibes on that front.

Still hoping to see you at a meet one of these days!

5:22 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger ToMomma said...

Your Old Team misses you, too!

9:30 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Triteacher said...

#2 - Man, was I there in December too. Stick with it, girlie. The fins grow back quick!

Nice reading you again. :)

7:34 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

Get ta BLOGGING!!!

12:08 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home