Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wednesday Ride

So I don't have class on Wednesdays and it's not a day where I need to spend the whole time working... so I've decided that I will ride on Wednesday mornings. I missed the bus today and didn't get up with my alarm...but I'm trying not to dwell on it and so I packed up the car and headed for the Silver Comet Trail. The humidity has quit for a few days so it was warm, breezy and dry for the whole 27 miles. Beautiful. I was shooting for 30 but my legs protested and when the asphalt turned to concrete slabs I turned around. I was 4 minutes faster on the return trip so that's good... I give partial credit to having warmed up and the rest to the fact that I think there's more false flats on the way out... ;) I like the flat, no more than 2% grade. It's a far cry from the 14% grades I was riding in VT. Still, I'll find some hills soon enough.

Been eating whole, healthy foods and I feel SO much better today. I've always said I have to work my health from all angles...nice that my body gives me such accurate feedback!

Train safe.

ps. I'd like to note that more than HALF of the people I saw riding and roller blading today were NOT wearing helmets. And many of them were kids. What's WRONG with ya'll???

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I expect the morons that don't wear helmuts have hair issues (o.k. I confess...).

No argument from me on working your health from all angles - and as for repeating yourself... somebody said to me recently when I was opining along the same lines, that even though it might seem like a repeat, the work is on a deeper level and each time one emerges better and stronger than before. Try it on and see if it fits.

I totally love your artwork on th'other blog.

And finally, although nearly a year too late, congrats on the 1/2 ironman!!!!!!!!!

5:24 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Bring back the blog! The people demand posts! ;)

12:06 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home