Tuesday, June 23, 2009

REALLY back in the game...



Whoa, last post was in October of last year. Crazy.

Well, the next 18 days will be interesting as I get ready to venture back into the world of multi-sport at the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon!! My training pals have helped nudge me in the right direction...and while I've been swimming a lot and cycling since January, somehow I just didn't think I had it in me to race this summer. The heat will be a challenge, along with the run and my current all time max weight (ugh, no one told me about the grad school 20...), but after a grueling almost 4 hour ride in the north Georgia mountains, I'm pretty sure I can pull it off. And if I don't finish, at least I will have gotten up early and toed the line to start it off...that much is sure!

The best development of late is that my favorite outdoor city pool has a masters group and the coach is AWESOME...a lot like my favorite coach up north in that he layers his swim sets and isn't afraid to mix it up a bunch with equipment and focus points. I actually saw a 1:30 today on a timed 100 which I have not seen since leaving VT. Very cool. I LOVE swimming outside and the BEST part is that my favorite triathletes/BFFs have joined me and are now understanding why I've been so frustrated with: 10x100, 5x200, 2x500, ready go. I've finally stopped wanting to throw kickboards. OH.HAPPY.DAY.

Things with grad school are winding up and down all at once. I have one more quarter to slog through and I'll be DONE...alas, it still feels like I'm in the foothills of the mountain that I must climb to wrap it all up by the end of September. I'll get there. In the meantime, anyone wanna hire a jack-of-all-trades graphic designer/illustrator?

Leave as many comments as possible, I need all the comment love I can get to stay on this wave amidst the hazards of grad quarter! But it's so good to be back!

Train hard!

1 Comments:

Blogger rocketpants said...

you are ALIVE!!

YES...the grad school 20...i've managed to lose that finally after being out a year and change. Good luck on the final push.

12:16 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home