Thursday, July 01, 2010

Eyes on the New Prize



Interesting that a year ago YESTERDAY was the last time I posted anything here. Truth is, I haven't felt like much of a triathlete in a long long time. But I went out to Idaho with my bestie to watch her race at IMCDA...and for the first time in a very long time, I want to train again. There was something about the cool air, the healthy athletes, everyone toeing the line to see what they're made of...and I was reminded that I do want my life to include this insane sport.

So it's looking like the long term goal is IMCDA 2012. I've said from the start that I've wanted to do this distance race by the time I'm 40...and who knows, perhaps the 2012 date will coincide exactly with my 40th birthday. I have a lot of work to do between now and then, including spending the next year getting rid of the 60+ pounds that I've been carrying around for way too long. I'm quite sure it won't help me get up those Idaho hills...so it has to go.

Not sure what the posting will be like but I need a break from Facebook and perhaps escaping back to my blog is just the solution.

It's good to be back.

Stay tuned....and train hard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Motherheart said...

good for you! go to it sweet woman

6:04 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home