Monday, November 14, 2005

Random Monday Ramblings...


Hey ya'll,
Things are really winding up all over the Triathlete Blog Alliance. There's a buzz out there...even though I'm not signed up for IMFL, the energy of those that have is contagious and everyone seems to be thriving on it, myself included. Just to highlight a few notable places to visit...

Kona Shelley is on a bit of a blogging break but we're able to catch her presence at the newly re-vamped Bolder in Boulder site with this amazing tribute - she's a TV star!! Just the fact that Bolder has returned is total 100% inspiration in itself. We are so so glad he's back and working toward an IMFL finish - only great things to come from this guy.

Meanwhile over at Tri Geek Dreams there are humorous postings about naked guys along with the new "Ask The Kahuna" feature. There's some great info about swimming and how to get better at it so definitely check it out. For more practices, both masters and elite swimmers, also check out www.goswim.tv On the left sidebar, click on practices...my team's practices are under Masters and then under CCB Masters practices. My coach is also a level 1 USAT coach and many team members are also triathletes (two just did IMFL 2005) so coach is great at having us on a macro cycle over the course of the year with endurance now and more speed work closer to sprint racing time. Check it out...and feel free to print, cram in a ziplock and tote to the pool the next time you go...

AND, how cool is THIS!!??? Iron Wil has her new Through the Wall 3 ONline shop open!! This is an excellent place to christmas shop for your triathlete, or to spend the money you saved by not eating junk food while you're training. I got two shirts myself and can't wait to sport my "Why I Tri" shirt. My submissions to the top 10 didn't make it onto the shirt (well, I did suggest that it's for the Tshirts...but I'm guessing I wasn't the first and so can't lay claim to it) but I did well in the polls with the couch being unable to go 40mph with a tailwind on a beautiful day...and to run thru the streets with hundreds of other soaked, half naked people without getting arrested. Maybe she'll make a top 11-20 shirt??? um.....no. probably not. But the contest was fun and my congrats go out to John for the #1 Grim Reaper reason. Buy this shirt. you won't regret it.

In other alliance news, Flatman (who is coming down the home stretch of his marathon training program and has done a FANTASTIC job sticking to Mr. Higdon's plan) is 007 and Trimama is Laura Croft...check out their sites for more info...

As for me, Weasel boy and I have recruited two other masters swimmers to join us at our first swim meetand we met on Sat. at 8:00 am again to do some intervals and get some times. At masters meets, you send in your approximate swim times and are seeded against other people with similar times rather than against similar ages. This is good since I'm sure there are lots of 33 year olds out there that could WHOOP my a$$ in any swim event. We also practiced starts from the blocks and how we'll work the relay team. I'm going to swim the first leg (backstroke...ICK!!) of the 200 Medley Relay and I think we're considering the 400 Freestyle relay too. It was a good workout and Saturday's weather was beautiful so we got lots of outdoor projects done. I feel good about swimming right now...and I'm planning my half marathon training schedule too. It's not until June but I'll need all that time if I want to avoid achillles injury... ice and ibuprofen will be my friends...

Then, I actually took a WHOLE DAY OFF yesterday. Since buying our house, there has not been much weekend time for leisure and Mondays have arrived with that "crap, where did the weekend go I'm still exhausted" motto...we finished up the winterizing projects by insulating a bit of ceiling and then decided we wouldn't do anything on Sunday. It was grossly indulgent and lazy - there were movies, there was knitting, card playing, eating and just lounging. Today I'm ready to face the week with renewed energy...I recommend taking a day off every now and then - from training AND from other responsibilities....

OK, until later my fine friends...gotta get some work done...

4 Comments:

Blogger Born To Endure said...

It's so cool how you put all of that together..love it!!

12:46 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger :) said...

This is a GREAT post! Thanks for the shout-out!

Glad you had a fun "nothing" day yesterday...we all need one of these every once in a while.

Good luck at the swim meet this weekend!

2:43 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bolder said...

thanks for the shout out too... and i liked your swim post as well... i got a 'Get your swim on' post comin' with a graphic I totally stole from the speedo site that just does it for me... stay tuned spence!

3:32 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger tri-mama said...

Thanks for the recap- I can't wait to hear how your swim meet goes. If I didn't have to dive off a block I would love to try a race. Good for you to take a day off. Our weekends have been consumed remodeling our basement and I'm ready to get away now. I'm going to take you up on the swim schedule-that looks great thanks.

8:59 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home